Wednesday 27 March 2013

Drink! (part 2)

Continuing on from my last post  here's  a few more places you might want to visit for a drink:


The Lower Deck

This was my local where I'd go for a quiet few pints while I sat and read my kindle.  Its not a party place, its basically a proper pub full of old guys and if your lucky some sport on the tv.  Thats it, but that is also its charm (or it was for me).








The Leeson Lounge

The 1st (and last) place I went to in dublin.... as it was right opposite the leeson bridge guesthouse.  Good beers, gets a bit packed sometimes as they have all sorts of amazing bands that are well above your average pub band standard.  Most of them are blues bands, so if you like a good blues band, your sorted.






James Toners

Excellent Guinness and they do have a covered heated smoking area and waitresses who will go and get your pint for you so you don't have to leave your seat.  I should also point out that the smoking area while heated is fucking arctic when its cold weather!!  You wont want to hang around if its cold and wet outside.  Gets busy on a weekend.

Hogans

Very handy as both a place to meet up your mates or as a place for the whole night.  Music in the basement area and bar staff are pretty fast.  Gets very busy on a weekend, so if you want a seat get in a bit early.




Doheny & Nesbitt's

Excellent place on a friday or saturday night!  For me not just as they server excellent guinness, but also as it has a massive smoking area that is warm and pleasant even in the worst weather.  Full of characters and intersting people if your into people watching.  Highly recommended.




No comments:

Post a Comment